How can I pay?
- We accept cash, cheque, debit, credit or bank e-transfer.
What do I bring?
- Bring your dogs food in a hard container or original bag.
- You can bring a bed or blanket to help your dog feel more comfortable.
- We will supply dog bowls and a crate if you are crate training.
Does my dog have to be vaccinated to be at your kennel?
- The rabies vaccine is mandatory
- We recommend Distemper, Parvo, Lyme, kennel cough vaccines.
Is there an extra charge for walking my dog and giving treats?
- All walks and treats are included in the price of your stay.
What is the latest time I can pick up my dog?
- The latest time to pick up your dog is 6 pm.
Will my dog be walked on or off-leash?
- We always walk all the dogs on leash for the first walk. This is to assess their recall. Then we determine whether your dog can be off leash or not. If you prefer your dog to be walked on a leash, please let us know we will accommodate.
What if there is a medical emergency?
- All our staff have their Pet First Aid Certification. We treat every guest as we would our own dogs. We will ensure they receive the best care available.
What do you mean by cage-free?
- We have an open concept kennel. Dogs who are social (who get along with other dogs) are supervised outdoors in a fenced area during the day. In the evening, all dogs are supervised indoors.
How do you socialize dogs?
- When dogs are socialized we use our own dogs because we understand their temperament and know their limits.
- Once the dogs build more confidence and better behaviour they are introduced to other dogs and everyone is closely monitored.
What are your hours of operation?
- We appreciate your business year-round. We are open from 7:00 am – 6:00 pm Monday through Friday, and 8:00 am – 6:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday. Boarding charges begin on the day of drop off regardless of time.
- On day of pickup, if picked up after 12 noon there will be a daycare charge applied.
- Picking up or dropping off your dog must be within our hours of operation. Pick up and drop off outside of these hours must be asked for in advance. There will be a fee of $50.00 plus HST applied.
What does a typical day look like?
- We feed everyone at 6:30 am.
- Everyone goes outside for their morning rituals.
- We stay outside for playtime and wait for any new friends to arrive.
- We take the dogs for a walk in the bush followed by playtime and socialization in the backyard.
- Another walk in the early afternoon
- More playtime!
- Supper is between 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm at night.
- We go outside for a few hours after supper to wind down.
- Bed is between 8:00 pm and 9:00 pm at night.
Do you have air conditioning and heat for the changing weather?
- We have air conditioning in the kennel and in our house. The kennel has an in-floor heating system and the house is heated as well.